The highly awaited Windows 8 is next generation operating system for your windows computers. It works on Desktops and Laptops along with Tablets and it is one operating systems for all. It kind of looks like a tablet operating system at first but it will be fully functional with mouse and keyboard. After four months of release of “Consumer Preview”, Microsoft finally released a Windows 8 “Release Preview”, it is a pre-release version of Windows 8.
Microsoft strongly recommend that only experienced PC users download Windows 8 Release Preview as the software is still in development state.
Windows 8 Release Preview works great on the same hardware as that of Windows 7:
Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
Additional requirements to use certain features:
To use touch, you need a tablet or a monitor that supports multitouch.
To access the Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768.
To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least 1366 x 768.
Internet access (ISP fees might apply)
New release comes with new Features and Changes
- It includes Internet Explorer 10 which provides users with more choices and control over their privacy
- Internet Explorer 10 has built in Adobe Flash Player
- Updated Bing Apps, Weather, Maps and Finance with three new additions News, Sports, and Travel
- Improvements to Photos, Mail and People apps since the Consumer Preview
- New and Increased personalization options for the Start screen
- Improved multi-monitor support
- Refinements to the way people find and download apps through the Windows Store
- New Family Safety features
This article is for informational purposes only for more details and download you can visit Microsoft’s official website for Windows 8 Release Preview