MFCMAPI is an advanced tool build on Microsoft’s published APIs to provide access to MAPI stores through a graphical user interface. It is a useful free tool for Troubleshooting Exchange issues MFCMAPI is freely available and can be dowloaded from Microsoft’s codeplex website: http://mfcmapi.codeplex.com
MFCMAPI can be used to view and change the low-level contents of the Exchange storage databases using the MAPI interface.
- Using MAPI Editor we can View and modify
- Viewing an Exchange Store
- Locating the Inbox
- Viewing and Changing Profile Information
- Viewing Tables
- Viewing Special Folders under Mailbox Root Folder
- Viewing Store Objects
- Viewing Store Objects
- Deleting Items
- Deleting the Delegate’s Rule
- Deleting an Out of Office Assistant Rule
- Deleting Store Objects from the Store
- Deleting Corrupted Free/Busy Messages
- Removing Free/Busy Information from the Schedule+ Free/Busy Folder
- Removing Event Scripts
- Resetting Permissions on Public Folders
|Warning: This can be difficult or impossible to recover from. This tool is reserved for professionals who understand how MAPI and Exchange work and should not be used casually. MFCMAPI is designed for users and developers who are experts on Outlook clients and Exchange servers, there are no backup mechanism available within the tool and its highly recommended to backup the data before using it, a small mishandeling could result in total destruction of mailbox data which is impossible to recover from.|
How to use it?
1. Download and uncompress mfcmapi.exe.
2. Double-Click to open it
3. Dismiss the startup screen.
4. Click -> Session -> Logon
5. Select the mail profile you want to work on.
6. If there is only one profile, just click OK to load your default mail profile.
7. Double click on the mailbox store containing the folder that need to be worked on.
8. Expand: Root Container
9. Depending on your account configuration expand the following folder:
- Top of Outlook data file
- Top of Personal Folders
- Top of Information Store
Select the folder that you want to modify
To learn more visit the official Microsoft website:
Besides above task we can also use it while troubleshooting Outlook issues
Systemadminthings always recommend its reader to check the Official Document for the steps describe, you can find the links in after each steps